How to Make Your Commercial Moving Process Smooth
Commercial moving can be a daunting task.
Moving an entire office building, employees, office equipment, and machinery takes a lot of manpower, work, and time – which is why having a plan is critical.
Here is everything you need to know to make your commercial move as smooth as possible.
Everything You Should Know About Commercial Moving
Before hiring your mover, do your research to find a commercial moving company with the workforce and equipment to complete the move. Contact a commercial moving company and set a moving date once you find the location you will be moving your office. Notify your landlord or property manager and create a moving plan with your team members. Assign responsibility to each team member and make sure they all know what they are responsible for ahead of time.
Be sure to notify any business clients or partners with your new contact location to be aware of any changes to delivered or project locations.
Don’t forget to coordinate with management in your building to reserve elevators or loading docks if you share your building with other offices.
One Month Before the Move
- One month before you move, start labelling and tagging items in your office to avoid the chance of losing or misplacing things. In addition, it can be helpful to take pictures before the move.
- Most commercial moving companies offer packing services and moving supplies. If your employees are the ones who will be packing up their things, your moving company can supply your team with packing tape, labels, and boxes.
- Don’t forget to cancel utilities, create a change-of-address list, and update your company address listings.
One to Two Weeks Before the Move
- Create a blueprint of what you would like the floorplan to look like in your new office.
- Confirm new utility, computer, and IT services.
- Contact your commercial moving team to finalize plans and review the moving day schedule.
- Ensure that you have the right amount of packing materials. It may be in your best interest to buy extra packaging materials and return any unused materials. You can never be too sure!
- Finish packing and labelling all the equipment and other materials.
- Make sure your team has new access cards or keys to the new office space.
- Don’t forget to remind your employees to pack up all of their personal belongings.
- Set up your office furniture and equipment using the blueprint you created before moving
- Plugin your phone, internet, and other systems. Most professional commercial moving companies offer this service.
- Inspect your office for missed items or property damage that occurred during the move. after the movers have emptied it out
- Test your computers and IT system to ensure your business can get back to business as soon as possible.
- Confirm the address change and termination of your old office’s lease.
- Most commercial moving companies take care of unpacking and restocking. If your movers haven’t taken care of this, be sure to assign employees to unpack and stock up the supply cabinets.
Hire a Commercial Moving Company Today. Contact Funks Moving and Storage.
Moving office buildings can be stressful, but Funks Moving can make your commercial move as stress-free as possible. If you’re planning on moving office buildings, we can help. We take care of all the packing, loading, moving, unloading, and unpacking while you sit back and relax.
We also offer moving supplies and everything you need to ensure the move goes as smoothly as possible – at a reasonable price. We will schedule everything for you from start to finish and provide a quote with everything upfront. So you can rest assured that you’re hiring an Edmonton moving company with years of experience and the know-how to complete your move successfully.
Funks Moving and Storage provides safe and convenient commercial moving services in Edmonton. We help businesses of all sizes navigate the relocation process. In addition, we minimize your operational downtime during your move so that you can get into your new workspace on time and within budget.
We have experience with all types of commercial moves, including:
- Office Moves
- Warehouses (Any Size)
- Medical/Dental practices
- New store setup
- Retail closures
Contact us today to see how we can help with your long-distance move.