Trustworthy Commercial Moving in Edmonton
Since 1972, Funks’ Moving has helped many businesses of all sizes navigate the tricky relocation process. Moving all your staff and office furniture is a process that can be extremely expensive if it does not go smoothly. Our priority is to ensure that your operational downtime is minimized and get everything you need into your new working space on time and within budget. We have experience with all types of commercial moves, including:
- Office Moves
- Warehouses (Any Size)
- Medical/Dental practices
- New store setup
- Retail closures
- Any Office
When looking for a company that focuses on trustworthy commercial Moving in Edmonton, look no further than Funk’s Moving.
Contact Us Today!
Commercial Movers in Edmonton for Over 4 Decades
Relocating an office is a significant undertaking that requires a great deal of effort and careful planning. Commercial moves have a lot of moving parts that need a customized solution. With Funk’s Moving, we will execute your move seamlessly and efficiently.
At Funk’s Moving, we consider ourselves more than just movers; we are your moving partners. Our focus is to take the stress out of your commercial move and work with you to create a detailed plan from start to finish, including timelines to know your moving day schedule. As we do with all our customers, we will work within your schedule, even if it means completing the move outside regular office hours. We realize that your business must have the least amount of downtime as possible, and we want to ensure that your staff does not experience any disruption to their workday.
Proper planning will ensure that your commercial move goes smoothly. Some of what you can expect with our commercial moving services include:
- A moving coordinator to plan the details of the move from start to finish
- Crew leads onsite to oversee the move and keep you informed
- Packing and labelling boxes
- Furniture disassembly and assembly
- Following detailed planograms for furniture and fixture placement
- Protective padding and wrapping of all large furniture
- Use of our storage facilities
- Inventory management; labelling and sorting, tracking through the move
- Moving supplies; we can supply all the boxes, tape, paper, and more
Tips to Make Your Relocation Easier
Make a moving plan and set a schedule
- Create a detailed list with every task that needs to be completed before, during and after the move.
- Go through every room, office, and cubicle to determine what can we can pack.
- Assemble a “moving committee” of your managers to help you with this project.
Pack your office for the move
- You must pay special attention to essential documents and fragile electronics. We can help with this part of the move as well.
- Prepare for a secure relocation by having the necessary packing materials on-hand. Funk’s can provide these at your request.
- Boxes, paper, and shrink wrap can be delivered in advance so that you may start packing on time.
- Take advantage of our packing services when looking to be more efficient. Our highly skilled professionals will wrap, pack, and transfer all your items with care and efficiency.
Create an office plan and floor layout
- Determine the location for every employee and the associated furniture and equipment for the new space.
- Take the time to figure out where everything should go, as this will allow the move to be more efficient and eliminate down-time.
- Use your moving committee to assist.
Create an inventory of your belongings
- Before your move, it is beneficial to create an inventory of all items, including furniture, electronics, and supplies.
- Determine what items are essential and need to be moved.
- Consider selling, donating, or recycling non-essential items that are old or redundant such as office phones, PCs, and printers. It is an excellent way to de-clutter and saves time and money with the overall move.
Create a notification list
- Though sometimes an afterthought, this is a crucial business practice. The list should contain all the employees, institutions, businesses, organizations, partners, clients, etc. that should update your new contact information.
- Complete the notification list in advance of the move to avoid any future issues.
- Within the notification, advise the new address and the move’s date, so all are aware of any potential interruptions in your day-to-day business operations.